Learning in the Emotional Rooms
Learning in the Emotional Rooms – How to Create Classrooms that are Uplifting for the Spirit – By John Joseph
ISBN: 0 95788088X
Published by: Focus Education Australia
- Why do kids act the way they do in schools? How do thoughts and emotions affect the way we view ourselves, others, and our futures? Why must schools now deal with issues that are not properly or exclusively theirs? Why are so many young people finding themselves in almost catastrophic circumstances? What would school look like if we focused on learning rather than teaching – if we could fast-forward the clock to times where educators and children treated each with respect and dignity?
- We are participating in one of the greatest leaps ever in understanding the processes of learning – the most vital imperative beyond survival for every human. Recent findings from neuroscience beg introspection on educators’ long-held beliefs about how young people learn. In this ground-breaking, totally revised, second edition, Learning in the Emotional Rooms – How to Create Classrooms that are Uplifting for the Spirit, John Joseph draws on decades of global experience and research to provide startling and decisive suggestions about the nature of the enterprise we call schooling. The voices of children, especially those that society regards as disposable, have illuminated this work.
- This full colour book will challenge your thinking about education, about emotions and about kids!
- Brand new unused book
- Cost: $32.99 including GST and Free Parcel Post anywhere in Australia. Contact us for international orders.
- Focus Education Pty Ltd is located in Flagstaff Hill, South Australia. Local inspection and pickup welcome.